ANSWER TWO OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, ONE FROM EACH SECTION. USE TWO QUOTES PER
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
ANSWER TWO OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, ONE FROM EACH SECTION. USE TWO QUOTES PER QUESTION FROM ALL OF THE RELEVANT READINGS AND DRAW WITH THE CLASS CONCEPTS.
1. Explain why Feminist or Social Identity sociology suggests a policy of egalitarian discourse and a focus on women’s labor within political and economic relations? How would this analysis imply the compatibility of liberal and feminist self-interest in American sociology as opposed to the common species interests of a dialectical critical theorist?
2. What are the key processes of social interaction theorized by G.H. Mead and why are concepts, symbols, and the mind process central to his theory of society? Briefly explain why evolution as adaptation grounds this theory of society and what aspects of the “self process” create class domination within the dialectic of individual and society.
1. Outline the core developments of the Frankfort School as they explain the creation of culture, rationality, and ideology. Why did the focus of this theoretical work intend to integrate material production and cultural production? Describe the culture industry and the knowledge industry as processes of formal rationality in a critical analysis.
2. Distinguish between Critical postmodern thought and Radical postmodern theories. Describe the background assumptions each theory outlines for “liberalism” as defined in the conditions of postmodern life. Include each theory’s projections for the future of human development and for social life in the postmodern world.
1. Irving M. Zeitlin. Ideology and the Development of Sociological Theory. Seventh Edition. Prentice Hall, 2001.
2. David Ashley and David M. Orenstein. Sociological Theory: Classical Statements. Sixth Edition. Allyn and Bacon, 2008.
3. George Ritzer. Modern Sociological Theory. 2016. Sage Publications, Inc.