A. Prior to watching the film, familiarize yourself with the following. Look up
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
A. Prior to watching the film, familiarize yourself with the following. Look up general information (Wikipedia works for this part!) and jot down an important fact or two. THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL AND WILL BE PART OF WHAT YOU HAND IN:
Bolivian water wars in Cochabamba, Bolivia
Bartolome de las Casas
Antonio de Montesinos
Map of Latin America (the location of Bolivia, the location of the Caribbean, and the native homelands of the Taino and the Quechua people)
B. Film Questions
1. During one scene early in the film, the actors joke about the fact that a film about Columbus’ arrival is being made in Bolivia. Why is this amusing?
2. Why does Even the Rain tell two stories simultaneously?
3. As portrayed in Even the Rain, do the Bolivian Water Wars erupt due to absolute or relative deprivation? Explain.
4. Of the three sources of power we have learned about in this class—political, ideological, and economic—based on the events portrayed in the film, who has which kind of power? Make reference to specific scenes.
5. Charles Tilly argues that collective action has four main components: Organization, Mobilization, Common interests, Opportunity. How does the film portray these four components of collective action?
6. At what moment(s) in the film does it appear that Cochabamba is in a state of “multiple sovereignty”?
The movie is on Netflix. please I need the answers of the questions.