Cultural and socioeconomic status may be factors in the transition to adulthood
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Cultural and socioeconomic status may be factors in the transition to adulthood no matter the class or culture. For example, middle class status, advanced education, or other factors do not shield clients from difficult transitions. Or, clients present with a mixture of factors, such as a history of financial insecurity that has changed, movement from one economic or social class to another, or a cultural identity shaped by moving between cultures.
The case studies in your text highlight a range of factors affecting transitions into adulthood. As a social worker, how would you address a chosen case study through the lens of human behavior and the environment? What specific skills could you apply? In this Discussion, you examine these and other related issues.
To Prepare: Review the Case Studies found in Chapter 7 of the course text. Choose one to focus on for this Discussion.
Hutchison, E. D. (2019). Dimensions of human behavior: The changing life course (6th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
• Chapter 7, “Young Adulthood” (pp. 231-267)
Review the three case studies and choose one for the Discussion.
Response to the following: use APA 7th edition citation and references.
• Explain how cultural and socioeconomic status may affect the transition to adulthood featured in your chosen case study.
• Describe two practice skills you could apply when working with the individuals and families in your chosen case study.
• Describe two traditional markers associated with young adult development.
• Describe roles that social workers can adopt in addressing the outcomes of development in young adulthood.
• Explain how one theoretical perspective can be used to analyze development at this stage.