Imagine that you are a social worker that facilitates some of the programs at th
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Imagine that you are a social worker that facilitates some of the programs at the Hull House Association in 2012. In this role, you provide tours of Hull House and a summary of the history of this settlement house. You regularly work with local agencies, schools, and organizations to host events, information sessions, and community health screenings for local families. Families often come to you for referrals for local services. You also lead a weekly Family Game Night where families come to Hull House to play games, enjoy some downtime, and have light refreshments. You are able to provide all of these services with a small but dedicated team of you (the social worker), a BSSW Intern, an MSW Intern, and a part-time employee that helps to maintain the program’s files. Discuss the steps and actions that you would take to ensure that the community’s and staff’s needs are still met as much as possible. The steps must include two (2) micro-level approaches.
Micro-level approaches to consider include: what work is directly done with affected clients, on an individual level, to prepare them to transition from Hull House to another service provider, if necessary. How are you and the team helping clients process feelings associated with change?
Please be sure to answer the below questions while discussing the steps and actions that you would take:
1) What are your responsibilities, as the lead social worker on this team?
2) What are the responsibilities of yourself and the staff to the surrounding community?
3) What might some of the community’s needs be? What methods might you use to learn more about the community’s needs?
4) What are the staff’s needs? What methods might you use to learn more about the staff’s needs?
5) What are your needs? What methods might you use to learn more about your own needs?
6) How would you collaborate with the upper management of the 7) Hull House Association to address the needs of the surrounding community, the organization staff that leads the community programs (the social work interns, the part-time worker, and yourself), and you, as the lead social worker?
8) What are some of the challenges that may arise in the work of putting this plan together? How might some of these challenges be addressed?
9) What are some of the things that you may enjoy about putting this plan together? Please explain.
What are three (3) ways that you, as the lead social worker, can be inclusive in the process of creating this plan?
10) Finally, if Celie from The Color Purple and the Hull House Association existed within the same time and neighborhood, would the Hull House Association have been able to meet some of Celie’s needs? If so, which needs might the Hull House Association have been able to meet? If not, explain why the Hull House Association would not have been able to meet Celie’s needs?
APA FORMAT AND IN TEXT CITATION