SWK 5017 ASIG 1 CASE STUDY As a supervisor for Child Protection Services, a prob
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
As a supervisor for Child Protection Services, a problematic situation was brought to your attention. It seems that Candace, a 37-year-old Hispanic female social worker with access to protected records from home, used that access inappropriately. Candace’s friend asked her to check in the system for a particular family before her daughter went to a birthday party at the family’s house. The child having the birthday receives free lunch at school and her father is unemployed. Candace agreed, accessed the records, and shared the information she found. When questioned by a new, African American male co-worker, she stated it was “no big deal”, and that all she had done was to give her friend the all-clear that the family wasn’t in the system.
Candace has been a social worker for 14 years, has worked for CPS for the last four years, and has been your supervisee for the past year. Her employee record shows no similar actions in the past.
Assignment Description: MAKE SURE TO USE heading to ensure each section is addressed.
For this assignment, review the scenario in the Case Studies: Ethics media piece in which a social worker under your supervision is using technology inappropriately in his or her work, and is violating the NASW Code of Ethics. After viewing the case study, analyze the case. Identify the unethical use of technology, diversity issues, and any other ethical issues by considering advanced generalist social work practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities. Be sure to consult the NASW Code of Ethics, the NASW, ASWB, CSWE, and CSWA Standards for Technology in Social Work Practice, and the NASW Standards and Indicators for Cultural Competence in Social Work Practice, and use information from those documents to support your work.
Write a paper using current APA format:
• Identify the unethical use of technology and other ethical and diversity issues in the case. • Demonstrate your critical thinking skills through analysis of the issues (as opposed to a superficial statement of the issues).
Develop a plan that assures your supervision addresses client, social worker, and agency safety and incorporates known best practices. Be sure your plan addresses the issues you identified in the section above. • Describe leadership behaviors and social work supervision standards used to address the issue. What leadership behaviors and social work supervision standards should be used? How would you apply advanced generalist social work best practices to address these issues?
• Apply leadership skills when working with a supervisee as you develop your plan. Which transformational leadership skills would you apply when dealing with your supervisee? • Apply leadership skills and the use of technology to inform evidence-based research practice through the application of transformational leadership theory. How could you apply transformational leadership theory to advance and improve social work practices when addressing this issue? Include any use of technology and evidence-based research you would use to support your choices.
• Demonstrate cultural competence through the application of leadership skills with diverse populations. Are there any cultural or diversity aspects that need to be addressed? How would you implement best practices with diverse individuals to address these issues? Demonstrate your cultural competence through use of leadership skills regarding diversity issues in your analysis and plan.
• Demonstrate professional use of self in your role as supervisor. How might you discuss this issue with your supervisee and how might you work with the supervisee to design your plan of action? Complete and submit your assignment by Sunday night of the unit.
Your instructor provides feedback on your assignments. The feedback you receive may be valuable for future assignments in this course.
The assignment you submit is expected to meet the following requirements:
• Written communication: Communicate in a professional manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations of the social work profession. Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
• APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards. Include a title page, reference page, headers, and appendices as applicable.
• Cited resources: Minimum of three scholarly sources. All literature cited should be current, with publication dates within the past five years.
• Length of paper: Minimum of three double-spaced pages.
• Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.