PLEASE USE SOURCE PROVIDED, PLUS the Bible AND ADDITIONAL SOURCES. PLEASE NO FOO
PLEASE USE SOURCE PROVIDED, PLUS the Bible AND ADDITIONAL SOURCES. PLEASE NO FOOTNOTES, AND PLEASE COMPLETE PAGES.
• All sources used in the paper must be properly cited and referenced. This includes:
o In-text citations for facts, statistics, information, and examples presented using the author/date (author date, page number) format
The page number is required when a direct quote is used
o A Reference List or Bibliography, on a separate page, at the end of the paper
Note: the date of access is required for all web sources
o The use of footnotes is acceptable for the inclusion of supplemental material and long quotes. Make sure that it is properly cited and referenced.
• Note: The inclusion of Christian perspectives or opinions are part of your graded assignment. Make sure that these are integrated in a coherent manner that fits the overall tenor of your analysis.
• When writing each paper, be sure to integrate material (cited and referenced) from all of the readings assigned for that module. This demonstrates that you read, understood, and are able to apply the week’s materials. Moreover, it is a graded component for each paper.
Essay 1: Analyzing Theory and Grand Strategy
• In a single opening paragraph, briefly summarize the author’s argument. The short abstract provided at the beginning of each article already does this, but do not copy and paste it, since it must flow with the overall tenor of your own style and argument.
• In the next section of the essay, offer a concise defense of the argument. Why is it at least plausible? There is always something rationally defensible about a peer-reviewed journal article on US foreign policy.
• For the remainder of your response, offer a critique of the article. What are the limits, problems, or gaps in the author’s argument? There are limits, problems, or gaps in every argument. You do not have to have answers to the problems you identify, but you must be able to at least develop questions about the claims made by the author.