Prompt III: Distributive Justice and Reparations: 1. Write a short and precis
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Prompt III: Distributive Justice and Reparations:
1. Write a short and precise introduction (under 40 words), explaining whether you will provide an objection to reparations, or make a case for the compatibility or reparations with Rawls’ Principles of Justice. Make sure to include the following in your essay:
2. Explain why Rawls believes that rational agents select the Difference Principle from behind the Veil of Ignorance?
3. Next, explain why Nozick thinks that the implementation of Rawls’ Difference Principle would interrupt Nozick’s principles of Just Acquisition and Transfer.
4. Next, explain why an ideally just society, on Nozick’s theory, would have to include reparations for slavery, but an ideally just society, on Rawls’ theory, might not. Use examples from Ta-Nehisi Coates’s article, “The Case for Reparations.”
5. Finally, present an objection to reparations that would be challenging for either Coates or Nozick to defend. Alternately, present an account of why reparations for slavery might be justified (and morally required) even if our society embraced Rawlsian justice (and followed his two principles of justice).
6. You do not need to include a “conclusion” to your essay.