Instrument Design: Qualitative Interview Overview Qualitative researchers work w
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Instrument Design: Qualitative Interview
Qualitative researchers work with data in the collection and analysis phases. Based on the specific qualitative design, certain data collection sources are typically recommended; however, each of them will use the interview as one (or the only) data collection method. Understanding the process of the interview, such as what to ask and how to ask it, is essential to the qualitative research process. Your role as the researcher, interviewer, and instrument is integral to the trustworthiness of the data, so articulating that role is crucial. Instructions Using the Instrument Design Template linked in Resources, (Attached Below) address each of the following sections for this assignment, being careful to support all statements with scholarly research. All information presented must align with the qualitative research design presented in the Unit 6 assignment (Assignment attached below)
Section 1: Interview Process.
1. Describe the interview style and structure you will employ and describe the qualities and characteristics necessary of the researcher/interviewer for conducting a bias-free interview.
2.Address culturally relevant strategies you will apply during the interview process.
3. Identify at least two techniques you will use to prepare for the qualitative interview sessions. Section 2: Interview Questions. Craft interview questions and address each point below:
1. Align interview question with the research questions and methodology.
2. Ensure that interview questions elicit information specifically related to answering the research questions; the questions do not exceed the scope of the research questions.
3. Write open-ended interview questions that are not phrased in a way that is leading. 4. Provide a rationale as to how each interview question will specifically provide data that supports answering the research question. Section 3: Researcher as Instrument. Examine your role as the instrument in the qualitative research process in context of the topic, problem, and design.
Section 4: Ethics of Data Collection. Address the following:
1. The use of human subjects in research in general.
2. The ethics of the topic and population being studied.
3. The ethical considerations of the data collection methods of the specific qualitative approach.
4. For each ethical consideration, formulate a plan to mitigate the risk or ethical concern during the research process.
Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 points.
This is a very crucial assignment. Please follow all instructions and ensure to ask for help if there are any questions or concerns. Thank you!!