Watch the following video. Answer the following questions based on the video, te
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Watch the following video.
Answer the following questions based on the video, textbook materials, lecture and powerpoint presentation. Also, write at least one response to a classmate’s comments. You do not have to disagree with any classmates, simply comment on something in a classmate’s submission to the discussion.
How missed rent payments spark a ‘cascade’ of financial hardship
Fill in the blanks:
1) Eunice Bae, applied for unemployment and needed to stipulate each employer, their federal employer identification number and her last day of working. As a gig-worker has had __________ employers in the last __________ months.
2) Jan Lee’s family has owned two buildings in Manhattan’s Chinatown for nearly a century. But the 22 apartments are rent-stabilized, a form of simi-rent control. So his three __________ __________ subsidize the residential tenants, he says.
Answer the following questions:
3) Should government be able to enact laws that prevent landlords from evicting tenants, even when they do not pay their rent? Why or why not?
4) Should government be able to enact laws that prevent lenders and other businesses (ie banks and financial institutions) from collecting payments, interest, fees or taking any action to foreclose or collect debts – essentially placing a FREEZE on those banking activities? Why or why not?
5) Should landlords work cooperatively with tenants to work out situations where tenants can not afford to pay their rent, or just evict them? Why or why not?
6) Recently, during the Covid-19 Pandemic and ensuing economic downturn, there has been a ‘Cancel Rent’ movement. Do you believe the government should stop the requirement for tenants to pay rent? 7) If the government were to enact such a law, what are some provisions you would recommend be included such a law and why?