You all have case study #4 for Geriatrics. Group 4 members: LaDaisha Dennis Nic
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
You all have case study #4 for Geriatrics.
Group 4 members:
Daniel is a 68 year old man with Alzheimer’s disease being cared for at home by his wife, Marcie. Marcie is exhausted; she can’t sleep much at night because she is worried that Daniel will wander out of the house and she won’t wake up. She doesn’t leave him with anyone else because he does “so much better” for her. Caring for Daniel gives her purpose, and she can’t imagine putting him in a nursing home. What might help Marcie (think about possible health care resources and safety issues)? What kind of teaching and suggestions can you give Marcie? If Marcie doesn’t accept help, what might happen?
Case Study Group Project directions
Each group will do an oral presentation and turn in a written (typed) copy of their information.
Oral presentation can include drama/skit, power point, handouts, etc. Be creative!
Each report (oral and written) needs to include the following information:
• Names of each person in the group and a brief summary of who did what (written only)
• A brief summary of the person in your case study (You can be creative with this. Use the description I will give you as a starting point, and add to it if you want to. )
• A sample day in the life of your patient and/or family caring for your patient before making any changes
• Local resources available to help your patient and family. List specific names of any organizations or agencies that you find.
• Emergency resources to which your patient and family might need access
• Safety goals for your patient
• Some tips to help your patient achieve their goals
• Risks or problems they will be likely to have if they do not perform the
• A sample day in the life of your patient and/or family after your
recommendations have been implemented
• Resource page