FD 06 – Ch 35 and 36 Forum Discussion – Corporate Mergers, Takeovers, and Termin
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
FD 06 – Ch 35 and 36 Forum Discussion – Corporate Mergers, Takeovers, and Termination; and Investor Protection, Insider Trading and Corporate Governance
11 unread reply.11 reply.
Watch the following videos:
Judge approves merger of T-Mobile and Sprint (Links to an external site.)
1) Fill in the blanks: In the February 11, 2020 Yahoo!Finance report, the commentator announces “…shares of Sprint right now are _______________ 74% on the news that a U.S. District Judge ruled infavor of its deal to merge with T-Mobile. Now the combined company will be called _______________. Theyr’re saying goodbye to that _______________ brand name.
Based on your responses to filling in the blanks, according to the textbook, does this combination of the companies appear to be a “Merger”, “Consolidation”, “Share Exchange”, or “Purchase of Assets” ?
2) Fill in the blanks: “Cricket by the way, is owned by _______________.”
Based on your response to filling in the blanks, according to the textbook, is Cricket a “Holding Company”, a “Parent Corporation”, or a “Subsidiary Corporation” ?
T-Mobile Launches High-Grade Bond Sale After Closing Sprint Deal (Links to an external site.)
3) Fill in the blanks: In the April 1, 2020 Bloomber report, the commentator announces “…and indeed while the big group of banks that did provide that funding and Mike your announced today a mega mega _______________ – _______________ _______________ _______________ in order to refinance, particularly that bridge loan that needs to be refinanced in 364 days.”
4) According to Chief Operating Officer, Mike Sievert, “we don’t know what kind of circumstances are going to emerge after this crisis abates, but one thing seems clear, some people will be on tighter budgets and potentially tougher economic circumstances, and (with the merger) our company will be very well positioned to stand up for _______________ in that environment.”
5) State whether it appears to you that the combining of T-Mobile and Sprint will “good”, “bad”, or “no change” for:
a) Consumers/Customers (stakeholders)
b) Stock holders (shareholders)
c) Sprint Corporate Dirctors and Officers
d) T-Mobile Corporate Dirctors and Officers
Watch the following video:
How to Illegally Profit From a Pandemic: Insider Trading! (LegalEagle’s Real Law Review) (Links to an external site.)
Fill in the blanks (according to the video):
6) Four senators have now been alleged to have engaged in __________ __________ by __________ or __________ __________ just weeks before a massive sell-off in the market due to Coronavirus panic.
7) From Section 10(b) of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934 the concept of __________ __________ was born.
8) Two types and reasons developed for __________ __________ , the __________ Theory and the more expansive __________ Theory.
9) Do you believe the politicians’ statements regarding their their extremely profitable investments that a) they have no control where or how there money is invested, or that b) they made investments decisions purely based completely on publicly available information? Why or why not?
10) What law or rules would you propose to prevent politicians from even having the possibility of doing any activity that could be construed as insider trading?
Answer these questions: