BCIS 1305 Case Study 1 Geek Squad Technician IT Problem Steven Jones has a busin
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Case Study 1
Geek Squad Technician
Steven Jones has a business of creating and selling incentive items for various companies such as T-shirts, mugs, towels, and hats for sports teams such as football, baseball, and basketball leagues. He has a home office that consists of a computer and an all in one printer/fax/scanner. Since Steven has been experiencing computer issues, he decided to return to the electronic store to speak with the store manager where he made this purchase over a year ago. The store manager refers him to the Geek Squad to help him resolve his problems. He goes to the Geek Squad area where he tells the technician some of the symptoms that he is having such as: the computer is running slow, sluggish and it freezes up on him when he uses the computer. Lastly, he states there is an urgent need to fix his only computer within two days because of an important deadline.
1. Based on the information above, what steps will the technician take to fix the issues? Why?
2. Could a backup be required? Why or why not?
3. Would the programs that Steven is running be causing the issue (graphics, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)?
4. Should the tech use anti-virus software to troubleshoot? Why or why not?
5. Could defragmenting help? Why?
6. Should Steven purchase another computer? Why or why not?
7. How much would the cost be to troubleshoot and/or resolve this issue?
The File name follows correct format. 5
The Student’s name, class number, section number and semester appear at the top of the case study. 5
Free of Grammar and Spelling errors. 5
Case Study is double spaced and at least 4 pages in length 10
All questions within the case study are answered thoroughly. 25
Data to fully support the recommendation was presented or it is clear the student has researched the topic thoroughly. 25
Student has a minimum of three (3) sources and the sources are valid and pertinent to the topic and the data presented. If it is an Internet source, does the link work? 25
When the Case Study is graded, the grade will be posted in the Gradebook on eCampus, under the Tools Button. SUBMIT ASSIGNMENT
1. Save the file as Your Name Case1 (for example, Joe Smith Case1). 2. Close your file completely.
3. Click the course control button labeled Case Studies. 4. Click on the icon labeled Case Study 1. 5. Click on View/Complete under “Submit your Case Study 1 Here”.
6. In Section 2, Your Files, key the following:
a. In the “File to attach” area click the browse button to locate your file.
b. The “Choose file” window will open.
c. At the “Look in” area, select the arrow and then scroll to find the place your file has been saved to. (i.e. Drop Box, TravelDrive (F.), or desktop). Click on the location that your file was saved to.
d. Select your file from those displayed by clicking on it.
e. The name of the file you selected will appear in the “File Name” area near the bottom of the window.
f. Click on the “Open” button
g. Your file name will appear in the “File to attach” area.
7. Very Important! In Section 2, Assignment Submission, you must click the box next to “Plagiarism Tools” which states “I agree to submit my paper to the Global Reference Database.” This authorizes your paper to be run through SafeAssign, an anti-plagiarism software, which helps to protect your original authorship of this work. Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
h. Congratulations! You have submitted your case study.