For the research paper, we are taking a theme or topic, (Rehabilitation programs
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
For the research paper, we are taking a theme or topic, (Rehabilitation programs for inmates), from a book and developing that into a research-based argument paper. The essay must provide textual evidence (quote, summary, and/or paraphrase) from the primary source- Orange Is the New Black at least three times (please note that you must provide a summary of the memoir in the introduction). In addition, you must incorporate five secondary sources (Three will be provided and must be used, other two can be up to the writer) throughout the essay to help provide background information and factual evidence to support the essay’s main assertion.
Main Goals for the Research Paper:
• Write a thesis statement that makes a claim about an idea or theme found in Orange Is the New Black
• Support a thesis using textual evidence from primary and secondary sources and logical inferences about those sources
• Demonstrate improved usage of MLA citation methods
Texts for Essay 4:
• Primary Source—Orange Is the New Black by Piper Kerman
• At least FIVE secondary sources related to your topic. At least three of these sources must come from the Citrus College Library databases, and ALL sources must be credible and authoritative.
Keep in mind that all research begins with a question, and the thesis statement is usually the answer to the research question.
A Few Things to Remember:
• Include at least three pieces of textual evidence from Orange Is the New Black (remember that your first piece of textual evidence from Orange Is the New Black must be a summary of the memoir which MUST be integrated in the introductory paragraph of your essay)
• Quote, summarize, and paraphrase from at least five secondary sources to develop and support your claim (remember to include context, a signal phrase and provide sufficient analysis)
• Discuss the complexities of Orange Is the New Black and avoid oversimplifying it
• Use your critical voice to support a claim connected to Orange Is the New Black
• The research paper must be a minimum of 6 FULL typed pages (not including the sentence outline or works cited page) and follow MLA formatting guidelines for citations
• Additional information regarding the support materials such as electronic note cards, outlines, and secondary source information will be provided in each Module
o Keep in mind that it is very important to complete each step of the research process so that you will be able to submit the final research paper
It MUST include the following documents IN THIS ORDER:
1. The final research paper (minimum of six complete pages)
2. The works cited page (minimum of five secondary sources and the primary source NOTE: You should have at least six entries.)