South Korea Electronics Industry. General Guidelines for Industry Competitivenes
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
South Korea Electronics Industry.
General Guidelines for Industry Competitiveness, and Country Report
The country report will consist of 3 parts.
A) International Trade (25 % of paper)
• Balance of payments (last 5 years) – analyses and implications
• trading relationships (membership in trading blocs)
• top exports and imports
• foreign direct investments (inflows, outflows, and stock)
• tariff policies (country average)
• non-tariff barriers
B) Select one of the top industries in the country of choice (50 %)
Brief history and milestones.
Industry size (value, units, and a number of employees), structure, and a number of segments.
Use Porter’s Diamond to investigate its international competitiveness.
• Demand Conditions
• Related and Supporting Industries
• Factor Conditions
• Strategy, structure, and rivalry in that industry (identify major competitors in the industry and what are their individual strategies)
• Government policies
C) Culture and Business Practices (25 %)
This part is purely descriptive. Topics include
• General description of country culture
• Business protocol and communications
• Cultural do’s and don’ts
• Culture-specific business practices
• Negotiating style and tactics
• Compare on various dimensions to American culture using Hofstede’s work.
D) Conclusions: Summarize, what are major factors that contribute to the competitiveness of the industry of the country.
Please do not forget to put a list of references in alphabetical order at the end of the report.
Sources: Please put the source(s) of information used in the paper at the appropriate places in the body of the paper.