Diet Analysis Project: Evaluate a Weight Loss Program or Diet Plan The purpose o
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Diet Analysis Project: Evaluate a Weight Loss Program or Diet Plan
The purpose of this assignment is to learn about a popular weight loss program or diet plan. You will be required to research the program or plan to your greatest ability and use what you have learned in this course to make a detailed assessment.
To complete this assignment, please write a 3 to 4-page response about the weight loss program or diet plan (12-point font, Times New Roman, double spaced, 1-inch margins). This is due on 11/30/2020. You can use the questions below as a guide, but the final product should be written as an essay. It is perfectly acceptable for you to not answer every single question that is listed.
1. Describe the origins of the food program or diet plan. Who created it and why? Is it supported by any professional medical or nutrition organizations? Does it have a celebrity spokesperson? What major claims are being made? Is there an obvious target audience?
2. Describe how the program or plan works. Does it require you to attend meetings or classes? Do you have to purchase food that is made by the brand that promotes it? If so, does the food come as a package (i.e. 1 week of food, 1 month of shakes), is it individual items, or both? Are there any other relevant purchases or required fees (i.e. weight scale, food scale, book)?
3. Evaluate whether the program or plan offers an appropriate way to remain healthy, improve health, and/or lose weight. Is the program or plan flexible enough to allow a wide range of people use it successfully (consider food preferences, religion, socioeconomic status, etc.)? Is it easy to follow? Does it include all food groups and provide variety? What would be your major concerns?
4. Describe any “case histories” or “testimonials” that you have heard about or learned about while researching the program or plan. Do the stories sound authentic? Do they sound as though the person’s weight loss was achieved sensibly? Do they sound too good to be true?
5. Describe your overall impressions of the program or plan. Would you consider trying the program or plan? Would you recommend it to a friend, family member, client or patient?
When answering these questions, I will be looking for you to use specific examples and provide explanations. A detailed explanation of advantages/disadvantages will be rewarded!
10 Weight Loss Programs/Diet Plans to Choose From
DASH Diet – Link to Information at National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
Weight Watchers – Link to Organization Website
Jenny Craig – Link to Organization Website
Nutrisystem – Link to Organization Website
Whole 30 – Link to Book on Amazon
Paleo – Link to Book on Amazon
Volumetrics – Link to Book on Amazon
Flexitarian – Link to Book on Amazon
Intuitive Eating – Link to Book on Amazon
Mediterranean – There are various sources available for this topic