Purpose The purpose of this assignment is for the student to develop a case stud
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
The purpose of this assignment is for the student to develop a case study investigating communication issues resulting in inter-professional team
conflicts. The case will demonstrate best practices in nurse-patient, inter-professional and collaborative communication in health care. The case
will include examples of how clear communication and collaboration among nurses, patients and/or the inter-disciplinary team improves patient
safety and/or health outcomes.
Read the assignment in its entirety prior to beginning the assignment. References for the external resources cited in these directions are provided
in Week 7 of the course.
Read the Cullati et al. (2019) qualitative study on team conflict and the impact on quality of care linked here
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6408685/ and uploaded as a pdf in Week 7 of the course. The authors categorized consequences
of conflict into six dimensions of quality of care. Table 3. (p. 47) summarizes the six dimensions of quality of care with three of the dimensions
related to conflict involving nurses. Select one of the three quality dimensions illustrative quotes involving nurses; Timeliness, Patientcenteredness, Safety or Equity. Search the literature in the Leatherby Library and identify one peer reviewed article to support how communication
in healthcare impacts patient outcomes. Proceed with developing the case study.
Revised 7/2020 gph
Write a 3 – 4-page (not including title page or reference list) paper using APA formatting responding to the following prompts. Organize your paper
using each bolded prompt as a Level 1 heading. Note: the introduction in APA does not carry a heading but is preceded by the title of the paper
(centered and bolded).
• Introduction – Provide the purpose of the paper and a succinct summary of what the paper will explore.
• Summary of the Conflict – Describe the conflict, involving the nurse, from Table 3. (Cullati et al., 2019, p. 47) in your own words. Include the
roles of the inter-professional team members in the description.
• Situational Analysis and Potential Patient Outcome – Where or when did the communication breakdown take place and who was the
breakdown between or among? Propose a potential untoward patient safety or health outcome that could result from the communication
breakdown. Support this section with the evidence from the peer reviewed article identified in Step 1 from your literature search.
• Resolving Communication Challenges – Assume the role of the nurse in the conflict. Identify an appropriate TeamSTEPPS (Agency for
Healthcare Research and Quality & Department of Defense, Defense Health Agency, 2013) strategy to address and resolve the conflict.
Describe how you, as the nurse, would approach the conflict using the TeamSTEPPS strategy. Describe how the improvement in
communication would improve patient safety and/or patient outcomes.
• Conclusion – Summarize the concepts presented in your case study paper including a final statement about the importance of interprofessional collaboration and communication in nursing practice.
• Label your MS Word document file as Last Name_First Name_ PaperTitle (ex. Hock_Gail_Conflict and Communication)
The final deliverable will be a 3-4 page (maximum) consistently double – spaced paper presented in MS Word document format. Proper APA (7th
edition) standards formatting is required, including in-text citations and a reference list.
• Submit your paper to Turnitin for the similarity index assessment and to LiveText for grading.
• Both functions are available via the Assignments tab in BlackBoard. The paper is due Sunday of W