Plan I plan to: test a process of reducing nurse fatigue and stress by improving
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
I plan to: test a process of reducing nurse fatigue and stress by improving patient scheduling in the outpatient setting. (I HAVE PROVIDED THE PLAN) I hope this produces: Here you can put a measurement or an outcome that you hope to achieve. Example: I hope this produces at least 25 completed surveys per week during this campaign.
Steps to execute: Here is where you will write the steps that you are going to take in this cycle. You will want to include the following:
• Problem Identification: Identify a clinical problem that you observed in the clinical site. Digging up clinical problems can start with observations of clinical practice on your unit, asking staff about the problems they face when delivering care, looking through policies and procedures and guidelines of care to assess if there is a standard or policy to improve practice. Talking with patients about their perceptions of the care they are receiving and asking clinical questions that address the clinical implication of the observation. Is there a problem, a patient or a population there is negatively affected by the present standard of practice? Once this P factor is determined without a present resolution, them a clinical question should be developed using the PICOT process.
• The population this could be a patient, a problem, a population, a unit, a division, or organization problem. • The time limit that you are going to do this project—remember, it does not have to be long, just long enough to get your results. You may set a time limit of 1 week but find out after 4 hours that it does not work. You can terminate the cycle at that point because you got your results.
• Review of literature: What level of knowledge is out there to address the problem, are there any evidence-based guidelines already published. Most of the literature reviewed should utilize systematic reviews, meta-analysis, or clinical guidelines. Individual studies review expert opinion articles and clinical articles can be used as supportive literature for clinical issues with limited research. Example: Steps to execute:
1. Problem and population same day post-surgical patients do not answer the survey about satisfaction with services.
2. Found that if surveys are easily accessible the response may be increased.
3. We will display the surveys at the checkout desk.
4. The checkout attendant will encourage the patient to fill out a survey and put it in the box next to the surveys.
5. We will try this for 1 week.