Building a Comprehensive Health History.” You will consider how social determin
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Building a Comprehensive Health History.”
You will consider how social determinants of health such as age, gender, ethnicity, and environmental situation impact the health and risk assessment of the patients you serve. You will also consider how social determinants of health influence your interview and communication techniques as you work in partnership with a patient to gather data to build an accurate health history.
• Analyze communication techniques used to obtain patients’ health histories based upon social determinants of health
• Analyze health-related risk
• Apply concepts, theories, and principles related to patient interviewing, diagnostic reasoning, and recording patient information
Make sure you follow the given rubric for you answers and APA format with the appropriate literature justifying your given statements
For this paper, you will take on the role of a clinician who is building a health history for a particular new patient assigned.
38-year-old Native American pregnant female living on a reservation
With the information presented in Chapter 1 of Ball et al. in mind, consider the following:
• By Day 1 of this week, you will be assigned a new patient profile by your Instructor for this Discussion. Note: Please see the “Course Announcements” section of the classroom for your new patient profile assignment.
• How would your communication and interview techniques for building a health history differ with each patient?
• How might you target your questions for building a health history based on the patient’s social determinants of health?
• What risk assessment instruments would be appropriate to use with each patient, or what questions would you ask each patient to assess his or her health risks?
• Identify any potential health-related risks based upon the patient’s age, gender, ethnicity, or environmental setting that should be taken into consideration.
• Select one of the risk assessment instruments presented in Chapter 1 or Chapter 5 of the Seidel’s Guide to Physical Examination text, or another tool with which you are familiar, related to your selected patient.
• Develop at least five targeted questions you would ask your selected patient to assess his or her health risks and begin building a health history.
a summary of the interview and a description of the communication techniques you would use with your assigned patient. Explain why you would use these techniques. Identify the risk assessment instrument you selected, and justify why it would be applicable to the selected patient. Provide at least five targeted questions you would ask the patient.
Supported by at least three current, credible sources. Written clearly and concisely with no grammatical or spelling errors and fully adheres to current APA manual writing rules and style. With 4 reference: