Assignment: 1. Choose a film or television program (watch the complete film or a
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
1. Choose a film or television program (watch the complete film or at least two episodes of the TV Program chosen).
2. Using the downloadable Excel Sheet provided in this week’s Canvas count the characters and environments that the programming establishes and maintains.
3. Assemble the information from the content analysis and based on your observation and recorded on your spread sheet.
4. Write a short essay describing the audience that your film or programming is trying to attract based on the evidence you have found within the program about the construction of character and environment.
5. Use the information from your spreadsheet discuss according to age, gender, ethnicity and class.
1. Film, television and streamed programming all depend on attracting and keeping an audience.
2. To be successful, programmers must design texts that attract audiences.
3. Story and character are the main tools in storytelling.
4. Characters are major contributors to the telling of a story but are also very important in attracting and maintaining audiences.
5. Political economy and hegemony indicate that culture producers work to convince their viewers that the culture of the advantaged minority is superior the cultures of the majority.
6. Cultural Studies asks whose stories are being told and identifies whether and how culturally othered characters are included in the storytelling.