Dear All: In the Arab world, the distinction between language policies and pract
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
In the Arab world, the distinction between language policies and practices corresponds to SA and QA’s distinction. Our final fieldnotes will combine our personal reflection on both language practices and language policies. You should write a 500-1000 word paper where you start by describing your language practices and then develop recommendations that can help shape a language policy that meets our expectations and suits our everyday practices. As such, our submission should take the form of an essay. This essay will start with an introduction that broadly discusses the diaglossic situation in the Arab world and how this is further complicated by the dominance of foreign languages such as English and French. Your thesis statement should briefly point out which variety/ language you use most of the time. You may even mention that you use multiple varieties or languages equally. For your body paragraphs, start by describing your language practices. It would be best if you tried to answer these questions: 1. What is your preferred language of literacy? 2. Would you rather study maths and science in English or Arabic?
3. Do you read books in Arabic?
4. Do you watch talk shows or movies in Arabic or English? Do you listen to Arabic songs?
5. Which language or variety do you use on social media platforms?
6. In your opinion, what are the common perceptions of English and Arabic in Kuwait? Is there a language that makes you seem more powerful or perceived as more prestigious than the other?
Refer to your own personal opinion and give your own experience. In the second half, discuss which language practices would best help you as an Arab to protect your identity and achieve personal growth. The questions below will help you a lot:
1. Which language (s) should schools use in teaching sciences?
2. Which language should be used in talk shows?
3. Should schools teach foreign languages?
4. How many hours should students spend studying Arabic and any foreign language every day?
5. What about higher education? Which language(s) should be used?
6. Should international higher education be adopted? Why?
While answering these questions, always try to give reasons for your answers. For example, I would rather watch English movies because I grew up with them, and I think they tackle deeper topics. End your paper with a conclusion that recommends practices and policies to individuals and governments. Can you predict the linguistic situation in the Arab World in the next century? IS ENGLISH A THREAT?????