You will use a movie and at least four articles to support your critique of an i
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
You will use a movie and at least four articles to support your critique of an issue discussed in class: (economic, social, political, gender, identity, LGBTQ, and/or cultural rights) affecting Latinx groups’ portrayal in the media.
• The movie must focus on a specific Latinx group, it MUST be different than your own racial/ethnic group. Be careful not to pick a documentary or a movie that does not give you enough material for your thesis.
• How is the issue you chose reflected in the storyline? How does it connect to our class lectures?
• Describe the language and images used to portray this group. Explain how and why they are labeled a minority group, according to the 5 characteristics discussed -DTSAM.
• What kind of stereotypes or assumptions are presented in the movie? Describe if there are clear examples of prejudice or discrimination. Anything else worthy of mention?
• Find three peer-reviewed articles (academic journals) which discuss your TOPIC/THESIS, not necessarily your movie. Link the main thesis of your articles: do they support or contradict your thesis, your analysis of your group and its portrayal in the movie. Make sure you find the source of your document. Do not use Wikipedia. DO NOT USE A MOVIE REVIEW.
• 7-10 pages, typed, 12 pt. New Times Roman font, double-spaced, APA STYLE, please proofread.
• Provide reference page and quote or paraphrase all work that is not your own.