Same rules as the last paper you wrote for me :) essay should be about 1500 word
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Same rules as the last paper you wrote for me 🙂 essay should be about 1500 words
1. Choose a news game or a gamified news report
2. Play the game or go through the report interactively
3. Discuss the game or report
o What is it about? What are the characteristics?
o How did you experience the game or gamified report?
4. Rate the game based on multiple aspects:
o Objectivity and involvement
o Role of journalist and news consumer
o Simulation, simulacrum, representation
o Narrative and playful elements
o Ideology/world view
– See a.o. Conill, 2016.
o Does the game or gamified record add something to traditional forms
of journalism? If so, what?
o What are (possible) implications, effects?
o Do you think that this form of journalism will continue to exist?
(possibly in a modified form)? If so, why?
Where can you find news games?
– game studies101.com
– Plewe, C. & Fürsich, E. (2018). Are Newsgames Better Journalism?
Journalism Studies, 19(16), 2470-2487.
– Conill, R.F. (2016). Points, badges, and news. A study of the
introduction of gamification into journalism practice. Ccomunicació.
Revista de recerca I d’anàlisi, 33(2), 45-63.
– Bogost, I., Ferrari, S. & Schweizer, B. (2010). Newsgames: Journalism
at Play, Cambridge: The MIT Press.
– Magdi Fawzy, R. (2019). Neoliberalizing news discourse: A semio-
discursive reading of news gamification. Discourse & Communication,
– Baudrillard, J. (1984). Simulacra and simulation (S.F. Glaser, Trans.).
Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press.