Chapter 3 of the textbook gives a basic description of five performance appraisa
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Chapter 3 of the textbook gives a basic description of five performance appraisal instruments.
– Critical incidents: The supervisor’s attention is focused on specific or critical behaviors that separate effective from ineffective performance.
– Graphic rating scale: This method lists a set of performance factors, such as job knowledge, work quality, and cooperation; the supervisor uses these to rate employee performance using an incremental scale.
– Behaviorally anchored rating scales: These combine elements from critical incident and graphic rating scale approaches. The supervisor rates employees according to items on a numerical scale.
– Management by objectives: These evaluate how well an employee has accomplished objectives determined to be critical in job performance.
– 360-degree feedback: This multisource feedback method provides a comprehensive perspective of employee performance by using feedback from the full circle of people with whom the employee interacts: supervisors, subordinates, and coworkers. It is effective for career coaching and identifying strengths and weaknesses.
Choose one of the instruments, and write a two- to three-page paper (excluding the title and reference pages), describing the instrument. Include the following in your paper:
Provide a rationale for your choice of the performance appraisal instrument.
Analyze the advantages of the instrument.
Analyze the disadvantages of the instrument.
Illustrate how the appraisal helps with the ADDIE model (Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, and Evaluate).
Your paper must include in-text citations and references from at least two scholarly sources, excluding the textbook, and be formatted according to APA guidelines.