Write a 1000-word comparative analysis of these two articles Mike Dennis, “Secur
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Write a 1000-word comparative analysis of these two articles
Mike Dennis, “Securing the Sports ‘Miracle’” The Stasi and East German Elite Sport” The International Journal of the
History of Sport, 29, 18 (December 2012): 2551-2574
Toby Rider and Kevin Witherspoon, “Making Contact with the Captive Peoples: The Eisenhower Administration,
Cultural Infiltration, and Sports Tours to Eastern Europe” The Journal of Sport History, 45, 3 (Fall 2018): 297-312
A comparative analysis should do the following:
1. Briefly summarize each article**
2. Identify the issues/conclusions on which the authors agree
3. Identify the themes/arguments/conclusions on which the authors differ
4. Evaluate the kinds of evidence the authors use and “how” the authors use it; compare the source-base of
each article and evaluate whether points of difference are the result of the different source base they use.
5. Assess the success of each article. Which of the two articles is most convincing and which of the two makes
the most important contribution to the field of sport history?
**Because you only have 1000-words to work with, keep your summary as short as possible, while also providing
your reader with enough information to understand the rest of your comparison. Remember, you can add more
detail as you begin to compare/contrast the articles, so the initial summary has to ONLY include information which
will be too hard to include in the comparative paragraphs.
You do not have to present your analysis in the point-by-point order listed above. As long as those items are
included, how you structure your analysis is up to you.