1. Watch the Crash Course Economics video entitled “Monopolies and Anti-Competit
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
1. Watch the Crash Course Economics video entitled “Monopolies and Anti-Competitive Markets: Crash Course Economics #25” found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb_-wfmJnHA (10:16) for context that includes the Gilded Age and Rockefeller but also an examination of monopolies—their pros and cons—to help you understand the economic terms, concepts, and theories that inform your argument on the historical question for this writing prompt.
2. Read critically and take notes on the five primary source documents provided in the SAS Curriculum Pathways PDF packet for this unit’s writing assignment.
3. The textbook reading and lecture materials, the sources outlined in steps 1 and 2 above, and any additional and optional research you wish to do combine to help you answer the guiding question: In the late 19th century, should the U.S. government have broken up Standard Oil’s monopoly?
4. Compose a minimum two-page Word document response (12 point, Times New Roman font, double-spaced) that answers the question: In the late 19th century, should the U.S. government have broken up Standard Oil’s monopoly? In your two-page paper, make sure you support your point by using quotations and support from the actual text of the documents.