Read the article attached and answer these questions: http://www.harvarddesignma
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Read the article attached and answer these questions:
1. Based on Crawford’s article, what did early Bolshevik leaders and urban planners think was wrong with “old” ideas of family, and what kind of “new” family did they hope to create for the Soviet Union?
2. Based on the reforms listed above, and on Crawford’s article, what role do you think early Bolshevik leaders envisioned for women in the Soviet Union?
3. How did they attempt to create a new idea of family in the Soviet Union? What are some specific measures that urban planners used to reform the Soviet family?
4. Did ordinary people in the Soviet Union appreciate Soviet leaders’ and urban planners’ ideas for “revolutionary” housing? What are some specific examples of how they reacted?
5. What is your own opinion of the early Soviet plans for reforming family life? Purely as a thought experiment (based on the description in Crawford’s article, not knowing how things turned out in reality), do you think you would like to live in a planned Soviet “housing combine”? Specifically (based on the article) why or why not?