Man Alive: The Bronx Is Burning (FDNY 1972) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygF3
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Man Alive: The Bronx Is Burning (FDNY 1972)
1968 Teachers Strike
Reading: Empire City: New York Through the Centuries, 741-749; 767-778; 798-823
Week 12 Assignment (each question need answered at least 120 words)
1. What happened to New York City in the 1960s and 70s?
2. What was the experience for black New Yorkers? Include examples James Baldwin and Malcolm X , what did they think was wrong with the city at this time?
3. What are the issues in Bed-Sty described on pages 798-807? What are the solutions proposed?
4 . What do the Regional Planners see as the challenges for New York going forward? How have the concerns in their reports changed over time? (see reading)
5. What was going on in the Bronx in the 1970s? What was it like to be a New York City Firefighter in the 1970s?
6. What led to conflict between blacks and Jews in New York in the 1960s over schools? Why did these former allies begin to fight? How did the Jewish and Black experience diverge in New York?
7. What does Malcolm X encourage his followers to do both politically and personally in New York and America? What does he think is wrong in New York and in America?