Course: Visual storytelling you will watch the film Strong Island by Yance Ford
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Course: Visual storytelling
you will watch the film Strong Island by Yance Ford
After watching the film, please write a 1-2 page, double-spaced paper about the film, addressing some (or all) of the following areas…
1. How did director Yance Ford choose to visualize his family’s story? Were the images literal or representational? How did those images affect you, as a viewer? Did any of the visuals distract from the story?
2. What were some key aesthetic elements of the film? For example, archival material, home movies, stylized shots (crane, GoPro, timelapses), reenactments, etc.
3. One challenge with documentary films is finding a topic that has a sufficient amount of momentum to carry the story from beginning to end. For example, political campaigns or sporting events have a natural momentum (ie – beginning, middle, end), which is why they’re such popular topics for documentaries. In this film, what do you think was the main source of momentum? Do you think it was effective?
4. In your opinion, was the film engaging throughout? If not, what were some parts that dragged? Why did those parts slow down the pacing of the film?
5. What do you think was the director’s “moral of the story” — or, what was the film’s main takeaway? Do you think the film succeeded in conveying this point?