Compare and Contrast Essay Assignment US Marines and US Army The purpose of the
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Compare and Contrast Essay Assignment
US Marines and US Army
The purpose of the Compare and Contrast Assignment is to take two topics of your own choice and write a 2 full-page Compare and Contrast Essay using the organization techniques (Topic-by-Topic or Item-by-Item)
here are the details:
1. Choose two topics of your choice to compare and contrast. You are not required to do any research for this essay, so this assignment encourages you to pick topics you know about so that you can use your own knowledge to build the content of the essay.
2. When you choose your topics, spend some time brainstorming to find three items you can compare between the two topics. Again, the items you choose will be your decision about what you would like your essay to focus on. Use your judgment of what you feel is most important to discuss between the two topics.
3. Decide whether to use the Topic-by-Topic pattern or the Item-by-Item pattern. Either pattern is valid, so use the one you are most comfortable with. When you decide on your pattern, create an Outline.
4. Be sure that your essay has an introduction that has the four points listed in the lecture notes, not necessarily in the order given in the notes: Topic, Thesis, Attention Grabber, Signposting.
5. With your outline, you will write the essay filling in all the details for each point in the outline.
6. Be sure to have a conclusion where you evaluate and analyze the topics. This conclusion could be more than one paragraph, and you will likely develop it after writing all the other points of the essay.
7. Include a title for the essay.
8. Read over the essay several times to see if you need to make any revisions. Also, proofread the essay to make corrections.
The essay needs to be at least two full pages following the MLA formatting guidelines of 1-inch margins, double spacing between lines, Times New Roman 12 type.