The two case studies submitted for your consideration show different responses t
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
The two case studies submitted for your consideration show different responses to unimagined catastrophic crisis that threatened the very existence of the companies involved . In one case, much of the damage was self inflicted. In a single thread, in essay format answer each of the following questions related to the Entergy/Katrina and Deepwater Horizons/BP crises .
– How were the two emergencies that these companies similar? How were they different? To what degree were each of them predictble?
– One of the most important necessary to weather a major crisis is to anticipate as many possible scenarios and outcomes – both conceivable and inconceivable – so that there is a plan to implement when the crisis hits. How did the two companies plan for different possible problems that might arise? In what way were each of the problems in the two cases predictable (New Orleans & hurricanes and Oil rigs & spills)? Were the two companies ready?
– In the areas of crisis management, employees can play a major role in turning a crisis into an opportunity. How did Entergy and BP (and their subcontractors) prep their employees and representatives for prospective emergencies (if they did)?
-How did Crisis Communications come into play? What was the companies’ immediate response in communicating to the general public? How did the the two companies communicate with the important publics involved (Internal, The Media, Regulators/Government)? Was it adequate?
– Did the threat and the reaction to the crisis threaten the future of the company? What is the legacy of the way the companies responded to their individual crises? How are they remembered (or not remembered) for the way they responded?
– Ina grading system of “A” down to “F”, how would you grade the PR responses of the two companies to their respective emergencies? Justify your grade.