After you finish the readings and resources and started the discussion board, an
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
After you finish the readings and resources and started the discussion board, answer the following questions in a word document (or equivalent) then submit via the directions below. The questions below are worth 10 points each; each module assignment is worth 50 points total.
1. Crime control and due process are two of the perspectives discussed in the assigned chapters for this module; crime control and due are in direct contradiction to each other.
a. Summarize both perspectives in your own words. Include major tenets of both that are important and that help compare these two competing perspectives. (Tenets of a theory or approach are main principles in which something is based)
b. In your opinion, which model is the justice system mostly closely (and currently) aligned with?
2. According to research and scholarship, overall crime has declined since the 1990s. What are some explanations for this decline? Provide at least 3 explanations in full that can explain the crime decline since the 1990s in the United States.
3. Rational choice theory suggests that all crime is committed after a rational decision process. Review the book’s discussion on rational choice theory to be sure you understand the major assumptions of this theory. Then answer the following questions.
a. Find 3 crime cases in the media to apply this theory. Media include what you see/read in the news, cases you’ve learned about in documentaries, a recent book you read about a true crime case, or it might even include a recent Netflix show you’ve watched about a true crime case. The 3 crime cases you choose must be true (real) crime cases. For your answer to 1a. please provide a brief summary of the case so I can reference this.
b. Apply rational choice theory to the cases chosen. Your answer to 1b. should state how at least one of the cases can be explained by rational choice theory (provide your reasoning why this theory applies to the case) and state how at least one of the cases cannot be explained by rational choice theory (provide your reasoning why this theory doesn’t apply). The third case can be one that is either explained or not explained by rational choice theory.
4. The role of the victim has changed tremendously over the years. How has this impacted the criminal justice system?
5. Provide 3-4 examples of acts that may not always be considered crimes. Under what circumstances would these same acts be considered crimes? Be clear and thorough in your explanation.
Please use the attached files and website below as sources.