Writing Prompt #1 : (I would like the answer to be Yes) Should student loan debt
Writing Prompt #1 : (I would like the answer to be Yes)
Should student loan debt be forgiven? Why or why not?
All assignments must be typed with Times New Roman, 12-point font, doubled-spaced, and APA 7th edition format per the APA 7th edition manual. Headers, footers, headings, and subheadings are required using the same font.
Five Homework Assignments using a project-based learning approach: (15% each = 75% total)
Much of the course grade consists of mandatory out-of-class writing assignments. You are required to complete homework on a weekly basis for five of the nine weeks. Each essay will be two double-spaced pages with 1.25 inches margins. For each homework essay, you must develop a piece of writing that is responsive to a specific prompt, given on the Wednesday class of each week. Each assignment is due according to the course calendar found at the end of this syllabus. Although the topics and nature of each assignment will vary, all assignment are designed to help you develop the following skills:
• Demonstrate ability to write in various modes: personal narrative, expository, analytical, descriptive, argument.
• Demonstrate the phases of writing: draft, revision, final copy.
• Explore sources of writing: reading, thinking, analyzing, discussing.
• Create a thesis statement that suggests the focus of the paper; does not point out the obvious and is written as a sentence.
• Develop and include enough details and examples to support the identified thesis and reinforce focus.
• Demonstrate various patterns of organization and use the organization pattern that suits your identified purpose & audience.
• Illustrate the concept of Audience in your writing.
• Professionalism: Write in a vocabulary appropriate to your subject and identified audience; understand person-first and gender-neutral language.
• Begin and conclude a paper effectively.
• Show effective control of mechanics: paragraphing, punctuating, spelling.
• Understand the purpose of a thesis statement: Be able to identify it and to create an effective one.
• Practice good group skills: how to give useful feedback, and how to make use of feedback you receive.
• Develop self-assessment skills.
For APA formatting:
I have also attached a rubric that follows for the prompt! Aiming to get an A please.