This assignment is part of my masters degree and it worth 50% of my overall grad
This assignment is part of my masters degree and it worth 50% of my overall grade for this course.
This course is about physical activity interventions that improve population health.
basically you are going to select one of the trails and make and make an assessment and present it in presentation.
so you have the freedom to select on of these trials to be included in the assessment in the presentation.
– The Sit less Trial – https://sitless.eu/
-The daily Mail trial – https://thedailymile.co.uk/
– European Fans in Training (EuroFIT) https://bmcpublichealth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12889-016-3255-y
– Stand More AT (SMArT) Work intervention – https://www.bmj.com/content/363/bmj.k3870
– The PHYS-STROKE Trial – https://www.bmj.com/content/366/bmj.l5101
– The NOW trial – https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/510216
– The obesity-resistant training in older adults trial – https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1616338
Overview of the assignment requirement: Through this course, we have reviewed different elements of designing, implementing, and evaluating an intervention aiming to increase physical activity. Now is time to apply this knowledge to assess existing physical activity interventions critically. Aim of presentation:
-To critically assess existing physical activity interventions. Intended Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this session, you should be able to:
· Identify the main elements used in an intervention design. · To critically identify and evaluate the strength and limitations of existing interventions. << very important · To apply existing assessment guidelines to evaluate the quality of existing trials – CONSORT · To suggest key elements that could help to improve the effectiveness of the interventions reviewed. ------------------------- I will include a presentation reference of one of my colleagues.. please do not copy it but she selected The obesity-resistant training in older adults trial her presentation isn't perfect but enough to understand what is required. you are not supposed to add pictures without explaining the results because I am going to present it. thank you