Children’s Television Report: • Watching three 30-minute programs for children d
Children’s Television Report:
• Watching three 30-minute programs for children during weekday and/or weekend mornings.
• Briefly summarize what the programs were about. Include the title of the programs, the channels watched, and the time slot in which they were seen.
• Discuss specifically the presence or absence of racism, sexism, negative messages, violence, and prosocial (positive) behavior.
• Use specific examples to support your comments.
• Also, be sure to watch the commercials in the time slot (before, during, and after the program) and comment on their category (junk food, toys, adult, etc.), their value, and your reaction.
• Evaluate how appropriate these programs and commercials are for children, in your own opinion.
• This written report should be typed/double-spaced and about 3 full pages to 4 pages in length.