Using Mapquest or any other geographical mapping (http://www.mapquest.com), you
Using Mapquest or any other geographical mapping (http://www.mapquest.com), you will build a mileage chart for cities in the state of Florida.
Use the following cities: Cape Canaveral, Daytona Beach, Jacksonville, Leesburg, Miami, Naples, Orlando, Sarasota, Tampa, Tallahassee and Vero Beach.
The aim of this exercise is to indicate how vectors and matrix operations play a role in reading such charts.
List the assigned cities alphabetically in rows and produce your chart.
1. How many column vectors have you generated? List them as 1, 2, etc.
2. What are the (mileage) entries on the diagonal of the chart or matrix?
3. Pick column vector 3 and list the entries in it.
4. How could you find the roundtrip mileage from city #3 to various cities on your chart? Explain.
5. Subtract column vector 3 from column vector 8 to obtain vector a. What does this vector indicate?