Select a Non-for-profit or For-profit Health Care Organization for your Health C
Select a Non-for-profit or For-profit Health Care Organization for your Health Care Marketing Business
Plan. The chosen health care organization will either market a new product or service to a specific target
market. You are responsible for constructing the business plan for the new product or service for the
• Once you have chosen the type of HCO you will market for, then comes the decision of whether
you want to market a new product or service.
• Try to make the product or service as original as possible.
Phase I: Executive Summary
I. Executive Summary
• a summary of the planning issue , which includes a new product, new service opportunity, or
process improvement issue.
• A future –oriented, two page document demonstrating knowledge of the issue and provides the
• What to include in the Executive Summary:
1. An introduction to your business plan which involves a discussion of the new service
opportunity, cost saving measure, or process improvement.
2. Marketing Highlights
a. Make a list of the distinctive features by answering these questions:
i. What is the real value regardless of the type of project?
ii. What will the product/service save the organization in dollars? (estimated
guess, doesn’t have to be accurate)
b. Ex: What savings or profits will it generate by improving efficiency? Or what saving or
profits will it generate by developing a new service? Or what will it bring by bringing in
paying patients or no-show patients?
3. Targeting Market Summary: Answer the following questions:
• Who is your target market?
• Who benefits from this plan?
• Is the market internal, external, or both?
4. Competitive Analysis (if a new service opportunity)
• Who else is doing it?
• Provide a competitive analysis
5. Key Marketing Strategies –
• What key marketing strategies will you use?
• How will you get compliance of patients, staff, the board, or referral services?
6. Operational Highlights
• Are there any critical legal or regulatory constraints?
7. Intermediary Concerns or Issues
• Are there any noteworthy issues with referrals or other entities?