– Present Thesis/research work as part of the “3MT”. – Find below more informati
– Present Thesis/research work as part of the “3MT”.
– Find below more information about the competition.
What is Three Minute Thesis (3MT)?
The Three Minute Thesis competition or 3MT challenges participants to present their research in just 180 seconds, in an engaging form that can be understood by an intelligent audience with no background in the research area.
Scored according to the following:
– Finishing on time. (15 marks)
– Should finish the presentation within 3 mins fully covering the topic.
Clarity of topic. ( 20 marks)
– The idea of research is clear to the public.
The organisation of ideas. (15 marks)
– The flow of ideas is logical (no jumping to areas with gaps).
State of the art SOA. (15 marks)
– Expressed state of the art in the research (what gap does their work close in the field)
– Creativity. (15 marks)
– Used creative ways or unexpected means to deliver their talk/ideas to the audience.
Please find the attachment “Topic”, which shows a research topic and a brief introduction of the reach.
Please find some videos below to have an overview of how to do the speech for Three Minute Thesis: