Please answer all 10 questions in your words with 150 words for each. Each quest
Please answer all 10 questions in your words with 150 words for each. Each question comes with a different article, which is named at the end of the question.
1) How does Alice Sheppard describe
the role that the ramp plays in the show “Descent” by Kinetic Light? Explain
how the ramp challenges our understanding of accessibility. (video: “Descent”
by Kinetic Light, Alice Sheppard)
the two things that Susan Wendell
says are important to remember about the “help” that people with disabilities
need. (“The Social Construction of Disability”)
3) Eli Clare criticizes
“overcoming” stories about disability. Why is Clare critical of the “supercrip
crap” (“The Mountain”)?
4) Who is Edward Curtis and why does Thomas
King discuss Curtis in your reading? (“You’re Not the Indian I Had in Mind”)
5) Describe the connection between resource extraction
projects and violence against Indigenous women, according to Kyle Edwards.
(“MMIWG’s findings on ‘man camps’ are a good place for government to get
6) What is the “oppositional gaze”, as described in
your reading by bell hooks (“The Oppositional
Gaze: Black Female Spectators”)?
7) In his guest lecture about autism and awareness, Dr
Michael Orsini discussed the importance of self-advocacy. Why is self-advocacy particularly important for autistic people, according
to Professor Orsini? (“5 Ways
to Challenge Systemic Ableism during Autism Acceptance Month”)
8) In “The Meaning of Serena Williams”, how does Claudia Rankine explain
Black excellence and humanity?
9) Define heteronormativity. In what ways did Anne Koedt challenge
heteronormativity (“Myth of the Vaginal Orgasm”)?
10) Explain why S.E. Smith argues that
being sex-positive must also include being supportive of those who aren’t
interested in sex (“Don’t be a Sex-Positive Jerk”).