For this assignment, students need to write an essay to propose a smart applicat
For this assignment, students need to write an essay to propose a smart application with the use of latest technologies in the scope of urban informatics.
About the proposed application
– The application needs to utilize technologies, methods or models in both urban computing and urban sensing.
– Your proposed smart application should have novelty, that is, it is not exactly the same with any existing applications to the best of your knowledge. The novelty may be in terms of, for example, improved performance of the application, new functions in the application, or transplanting the technologies for existing applications to a new application scenario. The novelty may rely on either or both of urban computing and urban sensing.
– The application should fall into one or more of the following dimensions of the smart city: smart mobility, smart environment, smart people, smart living, smart economy, and smart governance.
– The application may be commercial or non-commercial. Its targeted users may be governments, organizations, the public, specific population groups (e.g., the elderly), etc.
Topics that need to be covered in the essay
– The specific use and targeted users of your proposed application.
– Please state the novelty of your application, with the support of a review on existing smart applications.
– Please give technical description on the technologies, methods or models in both urban computing and urban sensing in the application, and how they realize the application, particularly its novel part.
– Please show the feasibility of the proposed application. Are the technologies in the application reasonably reliable (e.g., have been used in practice, or have been studied by a good number of research papers)? Is the cost for developing and using the application reasonable? Are there any ethical and privacy concerns? etc.
– Please discuss the possible technical challenges, uncertainties, and/or errors in the proposed application. Please discuss how to alleviate these challenges, or why the challenges are not critical for the novelty or feasibility of this application.
Specific requirements for this assignment
– This is an individual assignment (40% of the overall grade).
– Page Requirement: 6-10 pages for each report (Font Size: 12; Single Space). Page count does not include references or the cover page.
– Please check your citation and reference list very carefully. (Hint: proper citations include those for the texts, tables, images, etc.). Please use consistent citation and reference styles. Your report should NOT contain any sentences which are directly copied from references. Plagiarism will result into a zero mark for the assignment.
– No oral presentation will be given.
– File Name: ID_YourName_Ass-2.pdf (e.g., 12345678g_San Zhang_ Ass-2.pdf)
– Deadline: 9 May 2021 (before 24:00)
– Submission: Please submit your report through “LSGI545-UrbanInfo-Assignment 2” in the “Assessments” of the Blackboard.
****Attached TWO PPT for your reference e.g. AI / Deep Learning****