Project : Analysis of a CAFR Report 1. Select a Comprehensive Annual Financial
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Project : Analysis of a CAFR Report
1. Select a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) from a government / municipality and present your
choice in the conference set up for same in Week #1 for approval by stating the government / municipality’s
name in the conference, and uploading / attaching the municipality’s most recent CAFR report in PDF format.
Only approved entities / CAFRs will be accepted.
2. Explore the concepts of the course material relating to CAFRs. You must also find and review / read outside
literature on this subject and the below requirements as well and use and reference same in the paper.
3. Prepare an executive summary paper on the CAFR to include the following:
a. A brief introduction / review of your chosen CAFR entity.
b. For the CAFR report, discuss its focus, what it is trying to impart on its users, a review of the main
sections of the CAFR (what is NOT expected is a fund-by-fund accounting of figures, performance,
balances, etc.), and who is the actual intended audience / users being addressed outside those the CAFR
report itself is addressed to.
c. Discuss your thoughts on how a CAFR is presented to its users.
4. Your deliverable is to be three – five pages in length (~1,000 to 1,800 words), single-spaced, double spacing
between paragraphs, one inch margins and a font size of 10 – 12 points. Use headings related to topics in our
class, and include a cover page and works cited section. In-text citations of all facts must be included and done
per APA standards. The paper is to be uploaded through the assignment folder only in a single Word document
with only “YourName.doc(x)” as the file name. There are to be no active hyperlinks anywhere in the submission.
5. Points will be deducted for failing to adhere to these requirements, especially the 3 requirements in part 3.
6. Please refer to the grading matrix for how your performance will be evaluated.